HTMLAsText is a free software application from the HTML Tools subcategory, part of the Web Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-08-15. The program can be installed on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP.
HTMLAsText utility converts HTML documents to simple text files, by removing all HTML tags and formatting the text according to your preferences.
* HTMLAsText automatically removes all tags and scripts from the document.
* The remained text is formatted according to the number of characters per line that you select.
* All HTML entities (e.g.: &, <) are converted into the corresponding ASCII characters.
* Unordered lists ( tag) and ordered lists ( tag) are formatted accordingly. The bullets beside the items of unordered lists are replaced by ASCII characters according to your selection.
* Definition lists are formatted by adding spaces in the left side of the definition lines.
* Optionally, centered and right-aligned paragraphs are formatted accordingly by adding space characters in the left side of the lines.
* Optionally, HTMLAsText allows you to add a line under each heading ( - tags)
* Simple tables can be delimited by spaces, tab characters, commas, or CRLF.
* Preformatted text blocks ( tag) are copied "as is", without formatting the text.
* You can convert multiple HTML files in the same folder at once, by using wildcard. (e.g.: c:files*.html)
* You can run the conversion process without displaying any user interface, by using the /run command-line option.
HTMLAsText (version 1.11) has a file size of 27.49 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 125 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.